Sunday, November 01, 2009

1 Nov - Self Portrait Day




I invented this day.. out of the blue.. initially just like tribute to Andrew Jones my dear brother for his stubborned ambition to do 1000 self portraits - one each day.
It's how we met and how i got into drawing and he was my first teacher and well.. the story goes on.
4 years later there are hundreds of artists doing their Self Portraits on Nov 1st.
This is me today - in fact.. it's nothing like me... but under the waves of pixels i have engulfed a lot of questions and feelings that i will remember over the years.
It was a long Nov. 1st.
[edit] - i added the ones from previous years.
also.. if you scroll down there should be a better one from not long ago... yet still from the same series of troubles.
If you want to see the rest of the Self Portraits head on to concepart.org.







No comments: